Join Elisa THURSDAY & FRIDAY 4:30-6:30
Today we're sampling the 2 Veggie Passport vegetables. Red Bell Peppers and Red Dandelion! HOW?, you ask. Well, in a frittata, made with Terra Firma Farm eggs and havarti cheese. Most delicious.
Roasted Red Pepper and Sauteed Red Dandelion Frittata
2 RED PEPPERS, roasted, peeled, chopped
1 bunch RED DANDELION leave, washed, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
canola or olive oil
12 eggs, beaten
1/2 greek yogurt or sour cream
1 cup havarti cheese, shredded
salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375F
1. Heat oil in saute pan, add dandelion, salt and pepper and saute until wilted, remove from pan, drain any extra liquid
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, add yogurt (or sour cream) and continue to beat until well incorporated. Add cooled dandelion to egg mixture, add salt and pepper.
3. Spray a large baking sheet with side with cooking spray. Pour in egg/dandelion mixture. Make sure the mixture doesn't rise above 1/2 the height of the sides (don't want a mess!). Distribute the greens evenly within the egg mixture.
4. Sprinkle chopped red pepper into the egg mixture, Distribute evenly.
6. Bake at 375 F until the frittata is firm (no jiggly center!) about 15-20 minutes.
Veggie Passport is an educational tasting experiment targeted for elementary-aged children that can involve the whole family! The basic concept is to empower kids to inquisitively try new fruits and vegetables and encourage parents to try preparing these veggies in creative ways. Try the vegetable with the mind of a scientist then appreciate how it can be transformed with the mind of a chef!
We're located at
13 Broad Street New London CT
opposite the Garde Arts Center and the New London Superior Courthouse.
FIND DIRECTIONS HERE